When I told my mom about the little kids blowing bubbles of glue in Komaki, she said she wanted me to take some of that stuff home so that she could try blowing some glue bubbles herself. And being a good daughter I did. So last night we practiced blowing our own glue bubbles through tiny plastic tubes. It wasn’t easy, and the first few times we blew so hard the glue exploded rather than formed a nice balloon shape, but soon we got the hang of it:
It was fun to play with the balloons (every adult still has a little kid inside), but it didn’t seem like the healthiest way to enjoy oneself. Every time we tried to blow up some glue we inhaled some of the fumes, so we all ended up with headaches. We concluded it’s fun, but it can’t be very healthy for kids.