Yasu trying to go back to Japan

On November 3rd Yasu’s plane was supposed to leave Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam at 12:00. It was a day which I had been dreading for two months. The day we were going to bring Yasu to that horrible airport which was going to take him away from me… again! It was hard to let him go and saying goodbye was painful, but hey at least this time we weren’t high on spacecake like last year.
Yasu & Lou just before check-in at Schiphol Airport
My mother and Gyano came along to see Yasu off and the three of us went to the panarama deck to see Yasu’s plane take off. But the plane did not take off, instead it stayed still on Dutch ground… A long while after the scheduled departure we actually saw all the passengers being unloaded again. What was going on? A guy next to me had some kids on that flight in possession of a cell phone and they told us that the plane was delayed for a couple of hours but they were going to take off later that day. Possibilities like what-if-something-is-wrong-with-the-plane-and-Yasu-will-have-to-spend-a-night-in-some-hotel-here shot through my head, but my mother quickly pulled me back into reality and told me that we had to go, we had waited for two hours to see a plane fly which did not happen. We had no way of reaching Yasu because he had no working cell phone with him and he could not reach us because the only number he had was the housenumber back in Neerpelt, where we weren’t going to be until late that night. And there were still other things that had to be done that day and we wanted to head back south before the heavy traffic started appearing on the highways again… So we left.

My mother, Gy & Lou at the panorama deck

My mother and Gyano tried to cheer me up all day, we went shopping for a new TV, went to dinner in the city of Eindhoven, and we visited Guido in the evening. All day I was thinking, what if Yasu did get stuck at Schiphol? Then we could have had another day together only I did not know because he had no way of reaching me… And indeed when we finally got home at 22:30 the phone was redblinking like crazy with the dozens of messages that Yasu left on our voicemail! He was still here! Well that is in some hotel near Schiphol and I was hours away in Neerpelt…

Yasu’s flight to Kuala Lumpur delayed, delayed, delayed…

I think I went slightly crazy then! Ow no! He was still here and I missed this chance to see him again! And I am not going to see him for another 10 months!!! I was exhausted from not having slept enough the last few days, because we wanted to spent as much waking time together as we could, there was always time to sleep after he left for Japan, is what we reasoned the previous nights? Now he was a long-long drive away and I already fall alseep driving to the supermarket around the corner. But I did not care, he was still in Europe so I was going to go there, now! I called his hotel, I could not reach him it was chaos at the hotel, but the friendly hotelmanager was very touched by this “case of real love” as he called it and he made sure I knew how to get to the hotel and that Mr. Kotera would be notified that I was driving there.
I was looking like a ghost after days of hardly any rest and crying my eyes out because of the departure of my Yasu. But there was no time to lose, no time to waste, so no time to freshen up and make me somewhat attractive for Yasu. Just before I left, Yasu called to Neerpelt. He had an extremely frustrating day, he had been calling me all day hoping there would be a possibility to meet up, but by now he had already given up hope of seeing eachother and all he was hoping for now was a talk on the phone. He was extremely surprised to hear (Are you serious?!?) that I was ready to jump in the car to drive back there to see him. No time to talk sorry baby, gotta go! Gotta go see you!
Gyano went with me to keep me awake behind the wheel, but there was no need because I was so hyped up about seeing Yasu again that I think I could have driven to Paris and back without falling asleep. Two hours later we arrived at the hotel, in the middle of the night there is no traffic congestion so the trip took only half the time. Yasu was there!! Gyano went to sleep in the fancy hotelroom the Airline had provided Yasu with and Yasu and I went roaming about in the hotel, just enjoying eachother’s company as much as we could. This was bonus time and it was awesome!

Yasu & Lou hardly awake at the hotel

At 07:00 in the morning busses were leaving for the Airport again and Yasu and I had to say goodbye again. This time Gyano and I brought several cell phones and gave Yasu all the numbers just in case something like yesterday was going to happen again, you never know right? It was still hard to say goodbye, but less sad, because we lucky enough to have had a few extra hours together! Completely exhausted I tried to head back home, but very near to the airport I had to take my first rest because my eyes just did not want to stay open, and that makes it tough to drive you know!
Soon Yasu’s calls started coming in, stuff was still wrong with the plane and they were delayed another hour. His phone call woke me up and I started driving back home a little. When I was halfway home Yasu had called so many times with changing information about his flight that I decided to drive back to Schiphol Airport. I thought what if he has to stay here again or is delayed for many hours, then it is going to be easier to meet up with him if I am in the neighborhood instead of somewhere in Belgium.
Yasu had called many times, but of course once we changed the plan and headed back to Schiphol and when we were actually walking around there, Yasu did not call! We were in the same building, we were so close, but he did not know! We had his name announced all over the airport, which he did not hear because of his iPod, we called the Diner’s lounges but we just kept missing him. All the while it was getting later and later and it was about time for Yasu to start boarding because this the time the flight did not seem to delay anymore…
Then finally he called! “Yasu, we are HERE! At Schiphol!” “What?” So then he rushed out of his side of passport control, but we knew he was going to have to head back in soon… But if I could just get one extra kiss from him, all this trouble would have been more than worth it! Then just before he went to get his passport inspected (again) and his bag x-rayed (again), we checked the departure board: his flight was delayed again! Until 17:00!!! The man at the desk where we went to verify the delay, said we were the first people he had seen who were happy with yet another 3-hour-delay!

Lou & Yasu during their bonus, bonus time!

We had three whole hours bonus bonus time! We were so happy, we were amazed at our luck and kept wondering what we did right to get this lucky. The airline had given Yasu vouchers with which mostly Gyano enjoyed a Burger King dinner, while Yasu and I enjoyed the unrealness of still being able to see, touch and kiss eachother, more than 24 hours after that horrific goodbye. We both were exhausted, pale and zombie-looking but utterly happy! After those three awesome hours, I still cried when we had to say goodbye for real this time, but hey I am a girl! But this goodbye was a much lighter and happier goodbye, because we had our bonus time and our bonus bonus time to last us until we meet next… And the next time we meet we will not have to say goodbye anymore!

Yasu & Lou’s last picture together

More pictures


One thought on “Yasu trying to go back to Japan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s